COVID-19 Policies and Precautions
COVID Reporting Policy
The following policies apply to both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals:
If your child or anyone in your home tests positive for or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home from FHC, and contact us immediately via the COVID reporting form to report the illness and determine when you may return.
If a student (or parent volunteer) has a direct exposure with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, we ask that you either:
- Nasal-swab PCR test* ON or AFTER the 5th day from the initial exposure and have a negative test before returning to class or
- wait out a quarantine period of 10 days from the initial exposure. If after 10 days your student and family members are symptom-free, you may return to class.
*rapid antigen test results will not be accepted
Please report your exposure and testing plans via the COVID reporting form on our website.
If a Firefly student, teacher, staff member or volunteer tests positive for COVID-19, we will notify all families via the FHC Forum in a dedicated COVID thread. Families with children who share classes with an individual who tests positive will be notified via a dedicated thread in the relevant class forums. Please make sure you’re receiving Forum notifications via email.
CVS and other locations offer free drive-thru PCR testing with results within 24-48 hours. Appointments are limited, so it's best to schedule ahead of time for the day you want to take the test.
COVID Precautions and Policies
- Masks are required for all adults and children indoors at FHC.
- Masks are optional for outdoor classes, but must be easily accessible. Some teachers may ask students to mask up outdoors when in close proximity.
- All of our teachers are vaccinated for COVID-19
- Students and teachers will wash hands before lunchtime
- Hand sanitizer will be provided before and after each class
- Unvaccinated and immunocompromised volunteers will be offered outdoor volunteer opportunities.
We’re offering two Lunch options:
Indoor/Outdoor Lunch: We plan to take all students outdoors for picnic lunch in the shade when the weather is mild. Otherwise, students will be split into three indoor classrooms for lunch, according to age.
Outdoor/Distanced Lunch: This lunch group will be outside (in the shade) in all weather except for rain. When it’s raining, students will be distanced in the auditorium.
*Please email us at [email protected] if you would like to enroll your child in Outdoor/Distanced Lunch.
Distancing: Due to collaborative group work, supporting positive social interactions, and the reality of our space, we cannot always enforce social distancing. Whenever the work and our space allows, we will do our best to maintain appropriate distancing.
This is our plan based on current data and recommendations. We understand this is an ever-changing situation and we will continue to reassess and adjust policies as needed.