How does your child feel? Variations from normal behavior are the best indicators of illness. You know your child best; trust your instincts. If you think your child might be coming down with something, please keep them home. When making decisions regarding your child’s illness, please keep in mind we have immunocompromised individuals in our community. In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and emerging variants, please be especially cautious when assessing the health of your child before sending them to FHC.
Instances in which you must NOT bring your child to FHC classes or events include:
- Fever. If your child has had a fever within the last 24 hours, they may not attend FHC classes or events. If your child has a fever at night, they must not attend school the next morning. Temperatures are lower in the morning and a fever may occur again in the afternoon. You are required to wait 24 hours after the fever breaks before sending your child back to school.
- Upset stomach. If your child vomits during the night, do not send them to FHC the next day. You are required to wait 24 hours after a child vomits before sending your child back to FHC.
- Diarrhea. Loose and frequent stools have many causes. Do not send a child to FHC until bowel movements are normal.
- Cold symptoms. Including persistent cough, runny nose, thick mucus.
- Sore Throat
- Strep Throat. A child with strep throat must be on medication at least 24 hours before returning to FHC. Without medication they must wait at least three weeks before returning to FHC.
- Contagious Conditions: Head lice, scabies, impetigo, chicken pox, strep throat, measles, rubella, mumps, whooping cough, meningitis and some forms of conjunctivitis (pink eye) are contagious and must be properly treated and no longer contagious before your child may attend school. Please notify the school if your child has a contagious condition so that other parents can be alerted.
If your child or anyone in your home tests positive for or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home from FHC, and contact us immediately to report the illness and determine when you may return.
If your child or anyone in your home has come into contact with anyone who tests positive or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home from FHC, and contact us to determine when you may return.